Draft Policy: Requirements for VeraSol Certification of Refrigerators
The following document includes proposed requirements for refrigerators to be certified through VeraSol.
The draft VeraSol program policy, Requirements for VeraSol Certification of Refrigerators, addresses four core elements of product quality: truth in advertising, health and safety, durability, and consumer protection. These requirements apply to refrigerators that are intended to be used on or compatible with off-grid energy systems, such as low-voltage DC systems, solar home systems (SHSs) and AC or DC mini-grids.
Once finalized, these requirements would apply to refrigerators included with a VeraSol-certified SHS kit and those tested for certification as standalone appliances. The VeraSol team is seeking stakeholder feedback on the proposed framework and requirements prior to offering certification services for refrigerators.
- Access the draft Requirements for VeraSol Certification for Refrigerators (in PDF).
- Use the feedback form to provide general comments and responses to specific questions.
- IMPORTANT: If you would like to save your progress and return to the form at a later date, please make sure that you click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page. The form will generate a unique link for your form. Please save the form link or email the link to yourself, as you’ll need to use the unique link to access your saved form.
- Where possible, provide explanations and rationales for your comments or provide suggested alternative texts to resolve comments.
- All comments should be submitted by 10 PM ET on April 29, 2022.